Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick Review



I've never been a very big fan of any foundation that wasn't a liquid foundation and I never thought in my wildest dreams that a stick foundation would become one of my favourites to date. That was until I tried the new and highly raved about Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick. I bought this beauty on a whim after hearing such good things from other bloggers/Youtubers and I'm so glad I did! 

According to Hourglass, this foundation can be used as either a foundation or a concealer due to it's incredibly high pigmentation (almost double that of most foundations). They also claim that it offers a waterproof full coverage finish that lasts for up to 12 hours. The formula of the foundation stick is beautifully creamy and it applies like an absolute dream. I use the Zoeva 104 Buffer Brush to blend it out and it creates a gorgeous high coverage, satin like finish. I tend to use quite a bit of product as I typically prefer a full coverage base, but you could simply use less for a more natural look. Unfortunately for me, the lady at Mecca didn't do a very good job at matching my skin so the one I have is ever so slightly too dark for my skin. This means I have to blend it quite far down my neck and will probably go through the product a lot quicker so make sure you chose the correct shade! In saying this there are 26 shades to choose from so it shouldn't be too difficult!

I don't tend to ever wear my make up for a full 12 hours (it comes off as soon as I get home!) so I can't speak on the apparent 12 hour lasting power but I don't doubt it! I'd say I've worn it for about 8 hours on average and it lasts very well, only getting slightly dewy on my nose. Nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of powder!

This foundation is a serious winner in my books! Have you tried this foundation before? What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks lovely and I'd definitely use this as a concealer as I don't like wearing heavy make-up - Hourglass have really gone up in my estimations lately as I had tried one of their blush palettes in the past and wasn't too fussed but they have changed things now so I'd definitely look into this as it sounds great! :)

    Layla xx
    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be lovely as a concealer too! xx

      Delete
  2. I have a love hate relationship with this foundation stick, sometimes it looks flawless on my skin, other times it's a little too heavy, so I'm still on the fence, though I do use it very often, so maybe I like it more than I would like to admit haha :)
    www.claireellis.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really tend to use it in the day as it is quite full coverage but I love it for at night :) xx

      Delete
  3. I want to try this foundation! If only I could get a sample of it :(

    Nhi Archibald | Life with Nhi Archibald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! Would really recommend buying the full size xx

      Delete

Follow @ Instagram

">
Back to Top