MAC Alluring Aquatic Haul










When MAC releases a new collection, I usually feel as though I can go without, but when I saw the newly released Alluring Aquatic collection, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist. As a mermaid at heart, the packaging just called out to me. It is so beyond beautiful, I can't even deal. Like all MAC collections, most of the products sold out pretty quickly and by the time I got my act together and went to the shops, there weren't all that many products left. I really, really wanted a lipstick but the ones that I wanted sold out almost straight away. I ended up picking up two eyeshadows initially (not colours that I usually go for) and then a blush a few weeks later after the MAC near me got some more stock in (still no lipsticks). 

I purchased two eyeshadows in the shades Sea Worship and Soul Serenade. Neither are shades that I typically go for and if I'm being honest I probably won't get all that much wear out of them, I just really wanted a few products from the collection and this was all that was available. Like most MAC eyeshadows I've come across, the formula of these eyeshadows is nice and smooth. The texture is soft and both are fairly pigmented, but can be applied sheerly. Sea Worship is described as a 'tarnished olive' and has a frosty, metallic finish. Soul Serenade is described as a 'deep plum brown' but is more of a darkened, cool toned taupe with a metallic sheen.

A couple of weeks later, I popped back into MAC to see if they had restocked any of the products and much to my delight they had the Sea Me, Hear Me blush back in stock. Sea Me, Hear Me is a warm toned coral colour with a slight sheen. Once again the texture is very soft and easy to blend. It is also quite pigmented however I find that it's quite difficult to pick up product but that may simply be my brush.

Did you pick up any products from the Alluring Aquatic collection? What did you think of them?

Ash xx

5 comments:

  1. The packaging is so gorgeous! Sadly I didn't pick anything up from this collection, but that blush looks stunning! Glad you got your hands on some of the products :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the blush and the multidimensional taupe!!! I haven't gotten anything from the line but would love to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the packaging on this range so much, I've been kind of disappointed with MACs collections packaging-wise lately, but this is incredible. All of these look stunning, especially the taupe.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this range is gorgeous!! Especially the packaging. I have to get some bits from this collection!

    The Sunday Chapter
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

">
Back to Top