MAC Lipstick Collection (Updated)

l-r: Shanghai Spice, Angel, Faux, Crosswires, Saint Germain

l-r: Saigon Summer, Rebel, Russian Red, Diva



l-r: Shanghai Spice, Angel, Faux, Crosswires, Saint Germain, Saigon Summer, Rebel, Russian Red, Diva
(l-r: Shanghai Spice, Angel, Faux, Crosswires, Saint Germain, Saigon Summer, Rebel, Russian Red, Diva)

When I first started my blog I did a lot of 'collection' type posts such as lipstick collections, nail polish collections, etc. I recently realised that it's been a long time since I did one so I thought it would be a good idea to do an updated MAC lipstick collection to give you guys an idea of the type of shades I have so here it is! 

In total I have 9 MAC lipsticks which in my opinion isn't too bad! I think I have a fairly varied range of colours too, from lighter, more everyday colours to dark and vampy shades. First up, on the lighter end of the spectrum is Shanghai Spice, a brown toned rosy pink with a creme sheen formula. I've really grown to love this one, despite the fact that I was a bit unsure of it at first! Angel, which was one of the first few that I purchased, is a gorgeous medium milky pink with a frost finish. It's not too frosty however and makes for the perfect everyday colour. Faux was a shade that really intrigued me after seeing it used in Youtube tutorials. It's a very mature shade compared to the colours that I usually go for  however can look quite sophisticated! Faux is a pinky-brown nude with a satin finish.

On to the more bright shades, Crosswires! Crosswires is definitely one of my all time favourite MAC lipsticks. It's a beautiful bright coral shade that looks gorgeous and super flattering on most people. Next up, Saint Germain! What can I say? Saint Germain is a very, very well known MAC shade and despite the fact that I think it's a gorgeous colour, I have to be honest and say that I don't think I've ever worn it. It's a seriously bright blue toned pink but unless you're daring and have a bit of colour to your skin, it's not the most practical shade. Saigon Summer is also another fairly bright shade but can be toned down to a more wearable orange, depending on how you apply it. It's a medium semi-opaque orange with a slight hint of shimmer. 

Dark lipsticks have become an obsession of mine recently, but I'm still trying to get used to wearing them so I only have a few. One of the first darker shades I bought was Rebel, a deep berry shade which looks absolutely gorgeous on. I then bought Russian Red, a true, matte red shade for my school ball. If you're after a bright, extremely pigmented matte red, you definitely need this! Lastly, my most recent MAC lipstick addition and one of my absolute favourites, Diva! Diva is a very deep and dark purple toned reddish colour. It's very out of my comfort zone but I have rocked it a few times and I must say that it is absolutely beautiful- I definitely recommend!

I'm pretty content with my collection at the moment as there aren't many more that I feel like I really need. I'm sure that will change though as more collections get released! (Alluring Aquatic, I'm talking about you). Which shade is your favourite?

Ash xx

14 comments:

  1. Loving all the dark shades in your collection :) I love rocking a deep plum coloured lip, even in spring. May I should be brave and rock some lighter shades as the ones in your collection are lovely.

    Hayley x

    Teapartybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to decide which MAC lipstick to treat myself to, and I'm loving the look of Crosswires! You've got a lovely collection x

    Megan / pixiecrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have St. Germain, Rebel and Diva too! Great colors! Thanks for this post! Lovely shades! :)

    http://thefashionistadiaryxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous collection! Have to add some of these to my wishlist! Stunning colours :) xx
    http://marybloomy.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so many gorgeous shades! I've built up my fair share of MAC lipsticks over the year too, so I should definitely do a collection post myself. Out of the shades you have, I only have Rebel, but I'm dying to get my hands on Diva as I just love my dark, vampy shades. I thought I'd never gain the confidence to rock a dark lip, but I just decided to go for it one night out and I loved it! A lipstick can really finish off a makeup look, I think.

    I really want to Back to MAC for Snob, which is similar to Saint Germain, but that's a colour I'm going to have to see for myself as I don't know if I can pull off something so bright and Barbie doll-like.

    http://likeneonlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faux looks amazing, I am really love darker nudes like that I'm just a little scared to try and pull one of myself! As you said they do look a little "mature" but can also look very 90s-edge as well, it's a fine line!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red and Russian Red looks amazing! I swatches Faux and really want it!

    Nhi | Miss Blushaholic

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9 is a great number, you'll get used to dark lips, trust me! Not so long ago I only wore pinky/nude shades but one day I went "wild" with Party Line and now I only want to wear those type of colors haha, Rebel is definitely going to be my next purchase when I go to the mall :) X
    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE shanghai spice and Faux! Such a pretty nudes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lovely collection of Mac lippies (Im Jealous) Angel, Faux and Crosswires are on my list to buy. I only own one Mac lipstick atm and thats Bombshell, its a really pretty pink
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diva and Rebel are both on my wishlist. I haven't tried Russian Red but I have Ruby Woo and I absolutely love it! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some amazing shades!! I would love to get Shanghai Spice, Crosswires, and Saigon Summer!!
    xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

">
Back to Top