March Favourites | Monthly Faves 2014


March has just completely flown by for me. Between uni, work, blogging, friends and family, etc, I feel as if I haven't had a chance to breathe. Nevertheless that hasn't stopped me from doing a whole lot of online shopping in my spare moments, and funnily enough all of my March favourites are new products! I tried to keep my selection relatively small as I always end up rambling on and I'm sure I bore you all but here are my March favourites!

I've been loving lots of cheek products this month, but top of the list have been the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat and The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer. Diffused Heat is such a beautiful colour both in the pan and once applied to the cheeks, which leaves you looking so glowy and radiant.  The Mary-Lou Manizer, on the other hand, is one of the most intense highlighters I've ever come across, in a good way of course. When you use a light hand, it gives your cheekbones the most gorgeous champagne toned highlight, however if you don't, it can leave you resembling that of a disco ball. On the topic of face products, I've also (surprisingly) been loving the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. I'm not a huge primer person as I'm still not completely sold that they do a whole lot, but I have really been enjoying this as it does seem to decrease the appearance of pores under my foundation.

I've definitely been loving some eye products this month, despite not being a huge eye make up person (I'm all for the cheeks and lips). I recently discovered the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and I am obsessed. Seriously, you need it. Best liquid eyeliner ever. I'm also completely sold on the Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara. This has definitely overtaken the Covergirl Clump Crusher for me, it really is the most perfect mascara. Ever.

Random favourites time! Music wise I've been loving 5 Second's of Summer's new EP, the single Last Night by The Vamps and Kodaline's album, In a Perfect World. I have a very varied taste in music as you can probably tell. I obsess over bands like 5SOS and One Direction but then I also love bands such as Kodaline. I actually have tickets to Kodaline in 9 days and 5SOS sometime in May which I am very excited about! TV wise, I won't bore you with my usual favourites (other than The Following. You must watch The Following), but as for new shows- I recently started watching Puberty Blues which is an Australian teenage drama type show, and despite the fact that most Australian shows are usually terrible, I'm actually really enjoying it!

 I haven't seen that many new movies this month as I've mainly been watching old ones that I own but the ones I have seen include Prisoners, The Spectacular Now and Adult World, all of which I really enjoyed. I also saw Vampire Academy as I am a huge fan of the books, and even though from the trailer it looked like the worst movie ever, I still owed it to myself to watch it. I didn't completely hate it but if you've seen it and didn't like it, I really recommend reading the books as they are amazing.

On a completely random note I've really been loving my bedroom! I recently had the wall separating my room and the spare room knocked down so I now have a room twice the size! I also got quite a bit of new stuff to fill it up so definitely expect a room tour soon when I actually have time to clean it up and sort things out!

What have you been loving this month?

Ash xx

8 comments:

  1. Any mascara that trumps covergirl's clump crush I have to try! Can't wait for your room tour. I love your blog

    http://www.alexandramariek.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! It may take a while but it will definitely be up at some point c: x

      Delete
  2. Some great favourites! I just recently purchased that highlighter and I'm a bit excited to give it a go. I also love Vampire Academy, the movie I still have mixed feelings for but the books were great!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, I'm sure you'll love it! The VA books really are great! Definitely one of my favourite series x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE The Following! and hate Aussie TV shows too, for some reason they portray us a being incredibly bogan ?!?!? I avoid as much as possible. On a side note - Jordana Best Lash Extreme, awesome! I don't think I will ever need to spend much money on a decent mascara ever again, why would you when it is so inexpensive and so good.

    http://beccahillblogs.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh best show! I wish more people watched it as I have no one to talk to about it other than my mom ha! As for the Jordana mascara, it really is amazing! x

      Delete
  4. Oooh fab selection of products, I want to try everything! Especially the Primer and Hourglass primer ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your taste in music, another boy band fan woo, i love a bit of them too!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

">
Back to Top