The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter Review






Despite their usual gorgeousness in the pan, highlighters aren't something that I typically tend to buy all that often. I was quite content with my two MAC highlighters, I mean, they do the job, right? That was until I saw the Mary-Lou Manizer by The Balm. 

Mary-Lou Manizer is to put it simply, the most beautiful highlighter I've ever seen. Sure, MAC's Soft & Gentle is very beautiful in the pan, perhaps more than this one, but once swatched, Mary-Lou Manizer is absolutely stunning. Other than being the most gorgeous, slightly yellow toned, champagne colour, it has a soft, smooth, buttery texture and is also extremely pigmented. When I say extremely pigmented, I really do mean it. You only need the tiniest amount of product for a serious highlight. This is definitely not a subtle highlighter so if that's what you're after, this may not be the one for you. In saying that, I do recommend starting with a very small amount as it is very easy to over do it.

After trying this, I'm definitely eager to get my hands on some more products from The Balm, especially if they're all of a similar quality to Mary-Lou Manizer!

Mary-Lou Manizer is available at David Jones for $34.95.

Have you tried any products from The Balm? What do you think of them?

Ash xx

12 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I've been eyeing this for a while! I'm heading down to London and I know they stock this in & Other Stories... Might have to check it out, face to face!!! T xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning highlighter, I'm definitely going to add this to my collection, I've actually just picked up a The Balm Frat boy blush and it's lovely, such a pretty colour :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like The Balm! I've found that their blushes are very similar - beautiful texture, very very pigmented, but when they're applied correctly, they're just gorgeous. Eyeshadows have been hit or miss for me. Some are awesome (like pretty much every shade in the Meet Matt(e) Nude palette) and some are a little chalky (some of their shimmers).

    I haven't picked this up yet, but given how beautiful that is swatched just on your finger, I might have to!

    Melissa | M is for Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That swatch is crazy. I never imagined it to be so pigmented from looking at the pan! This looks so pretty but I can now imagine how it's easy to apply too much xxxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely only need a little bit! When I first tried it I ended up looking like a shiny disco ball! Oops!

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
  6. That swatch looks beautiful! Why haven't I purchased this already! Love Frat boy blush and also Bahama Mama for contouring. Both are super pigmented and the powder is so soft it's almost creamy.
    www.luluisloving.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this highlighter. It's gorgeous! I definitely want to try more of theBalm's products as well. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite highlighters in my collection. It beats the much coveted Dior Amber Diamond by a mile. If you like this you should try theBalm's Cindy Lou Manizer! It recently came out but it has the same gorgeous texture and complexity as Mary but is more peachy-pink toned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is incredibly pigmented! You'd definitely have to be light handed when applying. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had this for almost three years now, I don't use it on my face though, I use this under my brows as a shimmery highlight! It's so soft and buttery and yes! The single shadows and all their shadows are the same smooth, soft, so blendable quality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This highlighter is seriously beautiful!! I have been wanting to get my hands on it but can't seem to find it, and don't feel like spending so much on shipping!! I will find it eventually!
    xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am dreaming of owning that one day! Looks so beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

">
Back to Top