Lush Love Locket Bath Bomb


I don't really like to do negative reviews as I like my blog so be full of happy things and products that I love, but there was a lot of excitement over the Lush Love Locket Bath Bomb on my Lush haul post so I thought I'd do a review anyway even though it definitely wasn't a winner.

The Lush Love Locket bath bomb was released as part of this years Lush Valentines Collection and when I saw it I was beyond excited. Visually, it's one of the most beautiful bath bombs I've ever seen, a pink and yellow heart inspired by love locket necklaces containing photos of loved ones. It also has quite a pleasant scent, both sweet and floral without being too intense.

Love Locket is designed to be cracked in half which then reveals a secret, smaller bomb inside, meaning there are three bath bombs in total. Firstly I started by using one half but then decided to throw in the rest as it really wasn't all that exciting. Unfortunately, even after throwing in the whole thing, I didn't love it any more. It fizzled away very quickly and there certainly wasn't anything overly exciting like there is with other bath bombs such as Golden Wonder.

Very quickly the water transformed to a dusty hot pink shade and spurted out confetti hearts. Sounds cool right? Unfortunately the hearts weren't all that noticeable and floated right to the bottom leaving me feeling very underwhelmed.

Overall, for me, Love Locket was a very underwhelming bath bomb and for $8.95, I'm sure you could find something more exciting and worth it at Lush.

Have you tried Love Locket? What were your thoughts?

Ash xx

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried love locket, but i think i'd rather try a different one from lush after this haha (: xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour looks gorgeous such a shame that it was underwhelming! xx

    Jasmine Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww no what a shame! I've been like that with a few lush bath bombs of lately don't get me wrong I'm a lushie through and through but I guess recently I've cut back I think there a little over priced... And they do add up x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. the color looks amazing ...too bad that i was underwhelming . Great blog you have dear !!! would you like to follow each other on GFC and on Bloglovin :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so cute! Such a shame that it's not more exciting! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lush bath products, this colour is gorgeous x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

">
Back to Top