Lime Crime Lipsticks: Babette, Geradium & Countessa Fluorescent




After months of debating whether I needed the hugely raved about Lime Crime lipsticks, I caved. I mean, who wouldn't? Look at that beyond beautiful packaging. Here are my thoughts:

The Lime Crime lipsticks are extremely pigmented (opaque in one or two swipes) and creamy lipsticks which have a gorgeous but not over the top glossy finish. They have a vanilla scent to them similar to the scent of the MAC lipsticks which is one of my favourite things about MAC lipsticks. Most of the colours are all very bright, bold colours so they do have a tendency to leave a stain behind, however that is something that I don't mind. Okay, the packaging. I can understand why some people don't like the packaging as it is very over the top, but I love it. I was a bit weary that the packaging, fuchsia-purple tube with holographic silver unicorns, was going to look cheap but they have really surprised me! The lipsticks are heavier and more solid than I expected, maybe not as luxurious and high quality as some other brands, but I'm still happy with them! The price is quite steep at $22 a pop(via Princess Polly) but the packaging alone is worth it in my opinion!

I bought three shades in Babette, Geradium and Countessa Fluorescent, all relatively 'normal' shades compared to other Lime Crime shades. Babette is a slightly orange toned coral, which looked gorgeous online but I'm not quite sure yet whether I like it on me- it may be a little too nude for my skin tone. Geradium, my favourite of the bunch, is a bright coral pink, similar to Shocking Coral by Maybelline,  and lastly, Countessa Fluorescent is a bright blue-toned pinky-purple. This one is the most out there of the three I got, so I'm not quite sure where I'm going to wear it but I'm sure I'll figure it out!

What do you think of the colours? The Lime Crime lipsticks in general?

Ash xx

16 comments:

  1. These lipsticks look amazing, they're so pigmented! I love to colours you chose x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are truly very pigmented!

    Emily
    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always lusted after these lipsticks. The packaging is too cute - but a little bit tampon-y? Haha, Geradium looks amazing, but pretty similar to MAC Viva Glam Nicki I think.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They always look great on other people but I don't think I could pull them off. I have always liked the packaging though!

    http://beccahillblogs.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lipsticks look so pigmented! Love the packaging too x


    electra-violet.blogspot.co.uk
    |
    Sammydress Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geradium looks gorgeous, though it does appear similar to Shocking Coral. I have one of these in Airborne Unicorn from a giveaway by Kat of Kitsch Snitch which is definitely 'out there' but I love it anyway. Big fan of the crazy packaging too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. I have their lipstick in 'My Beautiful Rocket' and it's a very true orange but I love it.

    http://victoriaearls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh jesus! Babette and Geradium are precious! I own one lipstick from them...Coquette, it's a super nude nude that I can still wear with a more dramatic eye and maybe another gloss or a warmer base underneath! I totally would wear both of those shades ALL the time! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You chose such lovely colours! I've never tried a Lime Crime product but I definitely want to try one of their lipsticks out in the future! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep meaning to purchase from them, but every time I go to their site they're sold out of so many colours! One day ;)

    The ones you chose look beautiful! Can't wait to see you wearing them.

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Geradium but all the colours are lovely, they're pigmentation is amazing and the finish reminds me of nyx butter gloss swatches I've seen xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, look at my recent blog post to find out more x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried these but they look fab!! Love the colours
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous little lipstick haul!
    I love the nude shade, it looks very fitting for my complexion so will have to add that to a wishlist ^_^
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colours are amazing, really tempted to buy some Lime Crime lipstick soon, heard good things about them! xx

    http://marybloomy.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been eyeing these lipsticks off for ages as well.. Like you I know I'll cave eventually, it's more a matter of 'when' now!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

">
Back to Top